Cucumber isn’t the most likely ingredient in a smoothie. But it adds an intriguing, spa-like flavor to the puree! This tasty ingredient is full of nutrients and water to make your smoothie taste even better. It’s perfectly creamy and a great way to load up on nutrients as a healthy snack or breakfast. Ready to get started?
- 2 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, optional
- 2 cups crushed ice cubes
- Place half of each of the following in a blender: yogurt, honey, melon, cucumber and, if desired, mint. Cover; process until blended. Add 1 cup ice; cover and process until smooth. Pour into three glasses; repeat with remaining ingredients.
Why add cucumber to smoothies? Here are the main benefits of eating 1 cup of sliced cucumbers, the quantity you’ll use in this cucumber smoothie:
- Low in calories. 1 cup has only 16 calories.
- High in Vitamin K and more. You’ll get 62% of your daily need, 14% of your daily Vitamin C, and 13% of your daily potassium.
- Contains antioxidants and micronutrients.